Sunday, April 20, 2014

Peeps and the Risen Lord

Alleluia, Alleluia The Lord has Risen!!!

This Easter is a wonderful reminder for me that Our Lord and Savior has Risen!  Not only has He Risen, but He has promised that all who believe in Him will Rise again.  This is my anchor.  This is my salvation.

If you know Michael, you know that he loved Peeps. Me I just can't get excited about them.  But oh how he loved them.  He even joined the Peeps Club one year. It did not matter to him that the club was for children.  When it came to Peeps, Michael was a child.

The only other person that I know that loves Peeps as much is Father Charlie.  He is over the moon about them.  Of course many in the Parish give him Peeps every year.  Father gives a total on Easter Sunday.  He also informed us that it takes seven minutes of good walking to work off one Peep!  Father will be walking for awhile.

My contribution this year was a Peep Topiary that I found on, where else, but Pinterest.  As I was constructing it last evening, I thought about Michael and how very much he would have loved his own Peep Topiary.  I must admit that his Guardian Angel showed me the idea shortly after Michael passed.



Father Charlie was thrilled and even mentioned it in his Homily!

So in my heart Michael is looking down on all of us and he is with the Risen Lord! He has no need of Peeps anymore.  He has reached the goal.

Lord,

Accept my humble prayer of gratitude.   Gratitude for your Mercy.   Gratitude for my Family and Friends.  Gratitude for my Prayer Partner, Michael's Guardian Angel, and all the people who remember him in their prayers.

Alleluia, Alleluia, Our Lord and Savior is Risen, Indeed!!!!

~Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment