Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Come Home to Me

Ash Wednesday is here.  This year my sister and niece were with me.  My niece is on a Spiritual Journey of her own.  She is exploring our Catholic faith.  Pray for her!

As we walked up to receive our ashes she was ahead of me.  I felt commanded by the Holy Spirit to put my hands on her shoulders as she heard the command, "Hear the Gospel and Repent".

We are all called to Hear the Gospel and Repent.  I am learning that with repentance is God's Mercy!  Mercy pouring forth from His wounds.  Mercy lifting me up.  Mercy carrying me. Mercy for the asking!

Today as we stand together and are reminded that we are dust and to dust we shall return we are also remind that He is calling us home.  He is calling all of us.  Especially those of us who have wandered, those who have sinned and those in most need of His Mercy.

Yes, as the words of the song say:

Softly and tenderly Jesus is Calling, calling for you and for me; see, on the portals He's waiting and watching, watching for you and for me.

Come Home, come home, you who are weary, come home; earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, calling for you to come home.

Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading, pleading for you and for me? Why should we linger and need not His mercies, mercies for you and for me?

Come Home, come home, you who are weary, come home; earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, calling for you to come home.

O for the wonderful love He has promised, promised for you and for me! Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon, pardon for you and for me.

Come Home, come home, you who are weary, come home; earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, calling for you to come home.

Thank you for Calling me Home.

~ Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment