Saturday, January 4, 2014

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and me

How fitting that today is the Feast Day of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.  A widow that converted to Catholicism and started the American Catholic school system.

 I have had many roles in my life; daughter, sister, aunt, friend, wife, mother, grandmother, and now widow.

It seems very strange to be a widow.  The word sounds old and foreign on my tongue.  I am not sure what to do with this new role.

I feel like I am floating in a sensory deprivation device waiting.  Waiting for you, Lord.  Waiting to see which path opens itself to me.  I am content to wait.  Content to ponder the changes in my life.  Content to put on this role and see how it fits.  But mostly content to wait on You, Lord.

From the Divine Office this morning we pray:



RESPONSORY
The Lord will help her; his loving presence will be with her. 
 The Lord will help her; his loving presence will be with her.
He dwells in her; she will not falter.
  His loving presence will be with her.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. 
 The Lord will help her; his loving presence will be with her.

~Cindy 

No comments:

Post a Comment