Monday, August 5, 2013

Staying Insulated

"When I found your words, I devoured them;
they became my joy and the happiness of my heart,
Because I bore your name,
O Lord, God of hosts."
Jeremiah 15:16



These words touched me this morning.  I awoke hungry.  Not just for breakfast, but for the Word.  I couldn't wait to start praying the Office.  I needed to hear the voice of my Lord.

Sitting outside and praying as the sun came over the mountains I could feel not only the warmth of the sun but the warmth of the Son and it became my joy!  I was able to step away from all the worry and the list of things to do and just bask in His love.

In the desert water is life as the Lord is life to us.  As water is so important we must care for the hoses that bring it into our home.  The hose we had was sun faded and swollen and threatening to break at any time.  It had set out in the sun for a year.  Unprotected from the elements it was showing wear.  Time to replace it.  So this morning I replaced it and added a layer of insulation to protect it.
new insulated hose

Prayer is like that.  If left, we become sun faded and the hose of prayer is broken.  Just like that hose I replaced this morning my prayer life needed not a replacement as much as a focus, a renewal, and yes a little insulation.

~Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment