Thursday, August 15, 2013

Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

"This daughter of Jerusalem is lovely and beautiful as she ascends to heaven like the sun at daybreak."

 When I awoke the morning this is the cloud that greeted me.  The sun was peaking through the clouds.  How wondrous that we had clouds today on the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When I think of the Assumption I think of clouds and the Blessed Virgin going to heaven among them.  I am sure it is because as a child I thought of heaven as being in the clouds.  Much religious art contains the images of clouds with the Blessed Virgin Mary and with Jesus.

As Mary is my Mother, is it not right that I think of her as a child would?  For as long as I can remember Mary has been an important part of my life.  My Mom has always encouraged me to pray to Mary.  When in trouble or struggling her words still ring in my ears, "Say a Hail Mary."

How many Hail Marys have I said in my life?  I can't even begin to imagine.  But I know this; happy or sad, in trouble or not, The Blessed Mother has been there to guide me, to admonish me and to lift me up.  She draws me closer to my Lord on a daily basis.

~Cindy

P.S. Thank you for the rainbow!


No comments:

Post a Comment