Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Mercy of God

Our God is a merciful God.  Sometimes it is hard to remember that when He sends more trials and tribulations than you think you can handle or even deserve.

I know that I can't handle the trails that He has sent me.  But I do have faith that He is there with me every step of the way.  If I can learn to surrender my plan and be still, He will hold me up and wrap me in His arms.

Deserve.  That is an interesting word.  How foolish I am if I think that I do not deserve trails and tribulations.  If the Son of God could humble Himself and become man and be crucified than certainly I can take a small portion.

And then He shows me a small wonder.  A flower in bloom, the sun rising, the moon setting.  A small wonder, I think not.  Only daily reminders that He is here with us.  I know that I can not make a flower bloom, or the sun rise, or the moon set.  But I can acknowledge His Tender Mercies.

~Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment