Friday, January 13, 2017

Silence

We need silence to be able to touch souls.
-Mother Teresa

When I went to Ireland over Christmas I was fortunate to visit Knock where Our Lady appeared in 1879.  In the apparition were also St. Joseph and St. John the Evangelist.  Not a word was spoken by Our Lady.

What was the meaning of her silence?  I do not know.  I do know that when I am silent and can quiet my mind, it is then that God speaks the loudest to me.

Because it was St. Stephen's Day on my visit only one shop was open at the site.  I think there were only 20 people wandering around.  I was able to go to Mass at the site of the apparition and spend my own silent time with Our Lady and Our Lord.  How wonderful it was to not be jostled by thousands of pilgrims or be rushed because of them.  I felt that I had all the time in the world to visit the three Churches and the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.

There was such a peaceful feeling there.  All my worries and concerns were lifted.  In the silence I heard God's whisper.

Dear Lord,

Help me to remember to be quiet and listen.
To listen not only with my heart, but with my soul.

Let me hear Your whisper in the depths of
my being.

Give me courage to act as You would have me do.

~Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment