Monday, October 24, 2016

Beloved...

Beloved: I am already being poured out like a libation, and the time of my departure is at hand.  I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith.
The second Letter of Saint Paul to Timothy

This is the picture that showed up on my Facebook page as my memory yesterday.  The quote above is from the second reading at Mass yesterday.

When I first saw this photo yesterday morning it was a little bit of a shock.  I remember that day as if it were yesterday.  Michael was in the ER receiving blood transfusions.  He was upbeat and full of himself.  My favorite sister was there to keep us company and to watch over Michael.

During this time Michael was being poured out like a libation.  His departure was at hand.  He had competed well and was so close to the finish of his race.  Most importantly he had kept the faith!

Never once did he complain or falter.  He was at peace.  I miss him terribly each and everyday.

I ask as we are approaching the Anniversary of his race completion that you continue to pray for the repose of his soul.  Pray that if he is still being purified like fine gold in the fires of purgatory that he be released soon so that he may praise God in Heaven.

We have loved him dearly during life,
Let us not abandon him
until we have conducted him by
our prayers into the house of the Lord.
St. Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment